Full Width CSS

#PemilihanUMNO #Umno Polls: @MukhrizMahathir Optimistic About Securing VP Post #1Malaysia


Kedah Mentri Besar Datuk Mukhriz Mahathir is optimistic about his chances of winning one of the three Umno vice-president slots at the party’s Oct 19 elections.

However, Mukhriz said that there was still work to do, as he had to continue meeting members to strengthen his bid for one the three slots eyed by six contestants, including three incumbents."I am always very careful and realistic about my chances. I am optimistic, but at the same time cautious. I should continue meeting members, that is why I am here,’’ he told reporters at the Sabah Umno-organised meet-the-candidates session here Wednesday.

Mukhriz and former Malacca Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rastam were the only candidates from the six vice-president hopefuls to turn up at the session.

Incumbents Datuk Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussien and Datuk Mohd Shafie Apdal and fourth hopeful Umno veteran Tan Sri Isa Samad sent representatives instead.

Mukhriz said that he felt confident he had Sabah Umno members' support as they had always been friendly with him since he plunged into politics 11 years ago.

"Sabah has always been special to me and every time I come here, people are very supportive of me. Maybe it is due to respect for my father (Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad ) who had done a lot for the state," he said.

Chief Minister Datuk Musa Aman, who introduced the candidates, urged all candidates to place party above self interests first, and work together after the elections as they had to face the 14th general election as a united team.Sabah has 25 divisions with about 40,000 members voting in the party’s elections.

Post a Comment

0 Comments